Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Learning to Communicate with Others! Step One

Blog week 1

The person that I feel is competent with his communication skills would be my husband because of the job he does. Being a government contractor he has to be able to be diplomatic but also get the job done. I have listened to him have conversations with both managers and people that work under him. He always listens to what the person has to say, and asks questions for clarification when needed. I have also had the opportunity to read papers and emails for him before being sent and again he is always very tactful and to the point. I would like to become more confident in communicating with others in this way because I know I need to be able to talk with many people in order to fully care for my families. I think that if I just let my husband help me along with this class I can master my communication skills over the course of this class and beyond.

It is so important for us to be able to communicate in our job because we have so many people we need to communicate with daily. My hope is to learn from my husband, co-workers, friends, classmates and instructors as much as possible about the correct way to communicate. It is so important to think before we speak and I have found that the older I get the more I forget this simple rule!

2 comments:

  1. I am happy for you that you have a powerful competent communicator in your life. I liked your observation of your husband that he listens to others. I feel with communication this simple step can be easily forgotten. I cannot wait to share and learn communication skills from you during this class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that having positive role model in ones life; one who is a competent coomunicator has great bennefits when learning to communicate effectively. Ywo teachers are better then one.

    ReplyDelete