Thursday, March 29, 2012

Here are my resources to add to the list already posted!



This is a great site for anyone that enjoys using the mini page from the newspaper. They have lots of ideas and they can be used for many age groups.

Another site that I use all the time is http://www.hummingbirded.com/

It has a large list of themes for anytime of the year.

A great multicultural resource that I use is: World Playground by Putumayo World Music, www.putumayo.com  that comes with a book, ideas for the places you can travel throughout the book and a music CD that has songs and games from around the world.

Tot line is another great resource that has books, and newsletters with ideas to use in the classroom. This is no longer what it used to be when I first started out-she has now put her resources online for parents, teachers and anyone else that loves children to use.


My last resources are books that I have read and enjoyed.

Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv is a great find and I am all for children being out in nature and not inside with the electronic age. Have always spent as much time outside with my children and now with my grandchildren-so get outside and renew the love for nature!

The other book that I have started to read is: The Sandbox Investment: The preschool movement and kids-first politics by David L. Kirp. Will keep you updated on how this book turns out if you would like.

Hope you enjoy the resources J

2 comments:

  1. I really liked the Hummingbirded site. As a matter of fact I just picked up a new idea for my weather unit. Added this one to my "favorites" already. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used it for many years and it always give great ideas-glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete